Meatloaf Wellington: A Fancy and Delicious Dinner Party Entree
If you’re looking for a fancy and delicious dinner party entree, look no further than meatloaf Wellington. This dish combines classic meatloaf ingredients with a flaky pastry crust, making for a savory and impressive meal. Here’s how to make meatloaf in Wellington.
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- Optional toppings: chopped parsley, grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, breadcrumbs, onion, celery, carrots, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, eggs, salt, and pepper. Use your hands to mix everything until well combined.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the puff pastry into a rectangle about 1/4 inch thick.
- Spread the meat mixture over the pastry, leaving a 1-inch border on all sides.
- Carefully roll the pastry and meat into a log, tucking in the ends to seal it.
- Place the meatloaf Wellington seam-side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Brush the beaten egg over the top of the pastry to give it a golden brown color.
- Bake the meatloaf Wellington for 45-50 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F.
- Let the meatloaf Wellington rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Optional: sprinkle the top of the meatloaf Wellington with chopped parsley and grated Parmesan cheese for an added touch of flavor and presentation.
- Add some chopped mushrooms to the meat mixture for a more earthy flavor.
- Substitute ground pork or lamb for the ground beef for a different taste.
- Make mini meatloaf Wellingtons by dividing the meat mixture into smaller portions and rolling them in smaller pastry sheets.
- Serve with a side of roasted vegetables or a fresh salad for a complete meal.
Meatloaf Wellington is a fancy and delicious dinner party entree that will impress your guests. With a savory meat mixture encased in flaky pastry, this dish is both beautiful and flavorful. Give this recipe a try and elevate your meatloaf game to the next level.