Meatloaf Stuffed Pepper: A Unique and Flavorful Twist on Two Classics
Meatloaf stuffed pepper is a unique and flavorful dish that combines two classic recipes. This recipe is a great way to enjoy meatloaf and stuffed peppers in one dish. Here’s how to make meatloaf stuffed pepper.
Meatloaf Stuffed Peppers is a dish that combines two classic recipes: meatloaf and stuffed peppers. In this dish, hollowed-out bell peppers are filled with a mixture of meatloaf ingredients instead of the traditional rice or quinoa filling used in stuffed peppers.
- 4 large bell peppers (any color)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- Optional toppings: shredded cheese, chopped fresh herbs
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Cut off the tops of the bell peppers and remove the seeds and membranes.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, salt, black pepper, egg, and 1/4 cup of ketchup. Use your hands to mix everything until well combined.
- Stuff the meatloaf mixture into the bell peppers, making sure to pack it tightly.
- Place the stuffed peppers in a baking dish and spread the remaining 1/4 cup of ketchup over the top of the peppers.
- Bake the stuffed peppers for 45-50 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F.
- Optional: sprinkle shredded cheese and chopped fresh herbs over the top of the peppers before serving.
- Use ground turkey or chicken instead of beef for a different taste.
- Add some chopped vegetables like zucchini, mushrooms, or spinach to the meat mixture for added nutrition.
- Serve with a side of rice or quinoa for a complete meal.
Meatloaf stuffed pepper is a delicious and unique way to enjoy two classic recipes. By stuffing the meatloaf mixture into bell peppers, you can add a fun twist to traditional meatloaf. Give this recipe a try and enjoy the savory and flavorful taste of meatloaf stuffed peppers.