Meatloaf Sandwiches: A Tasty Way to Use Up Leftovers
If you’re looking for a tasty way to use up leftover meatloaf, why not make a sandwich? Meatloaf sandwiches are a delicious and easy way to enjoy leftover meatloaf in a new and exciting way. Here are some ideas for making the perfect meatloaf sandwich.
Choosing the Bread
The first step in making a meatloaf sandwich is to choose the right bread. A hearty bread such as sourdough or rye will hold up well against the meatloaf and any additional toppings. You could also try using a roll or a baguette for a different twist.
Prepping the Meatloaf
Before you start making your sandwich, you’ll want to prep the meatloaf. Slice the meatloaf into thin pieces, so it’s easier to stack on the bread. You can also warm the meatloaf in the microwave or a frying pan if you prefer it hot.
Meatloaf sandwiches are versatile, and you can add any toppings you like. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Cheese: Melted cheese is always a winner. Try cheddar, mozzarella, or provolone.
- Vegetables: Add some fresh vegetables such as lettuce, tomato, onion, or avocado.
- Sauce: You can use any sauce you like, from ketchup or barbecue sauce to mayo or mustard.
- Bacon: For an extra kick of flavor, add some crispy bacon.
Putting it all Together
Once you have all your ingredients ready, it’s time to assemble the sandwich. Spread your sauce of choice on one or both slices of bread. Add the sliced meatloaf, cheese, vegetables, and bacon, if using. Close the sandwich, slice it in half, and enjoy!
Alternative Meatloaf Sandwiches
If you’re feeling adventurous, why not try some alternative meatloaf sandwich ideas? Here are a few suggestions:
- Meatloaf melt: Make a grilled cheese-style sandwich with meatloaf, cheese, and bread.
- Meatloaf sub: Use a sub roll and add your favorite toppings to make a hearty meatloaf sub.
- Meatloaf burger: Form leftover meatloaf into patties and grill or fry them. Serve on a bun with your favorite burger toppings.
Meatloaf sandwiches are a delicious and easy way to use up leftover meatloaf. With a little creativity and some tasty toppings, you can turn boring leftovers into a new and exciting meal. So, next time you have some leftover meatloaf, try making a sandwich – you won’t be disappointed!