Classic Meatloaf Recipe
The classic meatloaf recipe is a comforting and satisfying dish that has been enjoyed for generations. Made with ground beef, breadcrumbs, milk, egg, onion, garlic, and a few seasonings, this recipe is easy to make and requires minimal preparation. The meatloaf is baked in the oven until it is golden brown and cooked through. The addition of ketchup on top gives the meatloaf a slightly sweet and tangy flavor. This versatile recipe can be adapted to suit different tastes and preferences by adding different seasonings or sauces or even substituting meat with vegetables for a vegetarian option. Serve the meatloaf hot with a side of mashed potatoes and your favorite vegetables for a hearty and satisfying meal.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, breadcrumbs, milk, egg, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and paprika. Mix well.
- Shape the mixture into a loaf and place it in a greased baking dish.
- Spread the ketchup on top of the loaf.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F.
- Cheese-Stuffed Meatloaf: Cut a block of cheese into small cubes and add them to the meat mixture before shaping it into a loaf.
- BBQ Meatloaf: Replace the ketchup with your favorite BBQ sauce.
- Italian Meatloaf: Add Italian seasoning and diced tomatoes to the meat mixture. Top the loaf with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese before baking.
- Veggie Meatloaf: Replace ground beef with cooked lentils, mushrooms, or a combination of vegetables. Add extra breadcrumbs to help bind the mixture together.
Enjoy your delicious and classic meatloaf!