Low-Carb Meatloaf: Perfect for Keto and Atkins Diets
If you are following a low-carb diet such as Keto or Atkins, you may think that meatloaf is off-limits due to its high-carb content. But with a few simple substitutions, you can enjoy a delicious low-carb meatloaf that fits perfectly into your diet plan. Here’s how to make a low-carb meatloaf.
Low-carb meatloaf is a variation of the classic meatloaf recipe that is designed to be lower in carbohydrates. It typically replaces traditional high-carb ingredients like breadcrumbs or oats with low-carb alternatives.
Low-carb meatloaf is a great option for people who are following a low-carb or keto diet. It is a satisfying and flavorful meal that can be enjoyed as a main course for dinner or as leftovers for lunch. It is also a great way to use up ground meat and other ingredients that you may have on hand. Overall, low-carb meatloaf is a delicious and healthy twist on a classic dish that is perfect for anyone who is looking to reduce their carbohydrate intake.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar-free ketchup
- Optional toppings: chopped fresh herbs, sliced avocado
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, almond flour, onion, garlic, salt, black pepper, egg, and 1/4 cup of the sugar-free ketchup. Use your hands to mix everything until well combined.
- Shape the meatloaf mixture into a loaf and place it in a baking dish.
- Spread the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar-free ketchup over the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake the meatloaf for 45-50 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F.
- Optional: sprinkle chopped fresh herbs over the top of the meatloaf before serving. Serve with sliced avocado on the side.
- Use ground turkey or chicken instead of beef for a different taste.
- Add some chopped vegetables like mushrooms or bell peppers to the meat mixture for added nutrition.
- Serve with a side of cauliflower rice or roasted vegetables for a complete low-carb meal.
Low-carb meatloaf is a delicious and satisfying meal that can fit perfectly into your Keto or Atkins diet plan. By substituting almond flour for traditional breadcrumbs and using sugar-free ketchup, you can enjoy all the flavors of meatloaf without the high carb content. Give this recipe a try and enjoy a low-carb version of this classic comfort food.